Tuesday, April 10, 2012

HBC Attempt #2 - Skillet BBQ Chicken Pasta

After a weekend in Hershey with a friend, I took today as a recovery day.  In the interests of getting something done, I pulled out the HBC and tried to figure out what I had the ingredients to make.  I ended up with this:

Skillet BBQ Chicken Pasta (side of lemon broccoli)
Submitted to the cookbook by Tomas Kundratek, most recently the winner of the Milton Barland Award for Best Defensemen on the 2011-2 Hershey Bears.
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it's complete & well laid out.  Steps, ingredients, etc are all clearly indicated, and it's very simple to get from A to Done.

The only substitution I made was cream cheese for sour cream, and that was a result of necessity due to the current state of my fridge.  It worked out fine, though required a bit more time to melt & mix properly into the sauce.

On the issue of batch size, I made a half the recommended quantity, and it was enough for three meals.  The recipe is conveniently scaled so that halving it doesn't require complicated math - everything is either half or whole measures.  A full batch should feed six normal people (or three athletes/teenaged boys).

Serving Note: This is a dish which screams for a healthy side dish.  I went with lemon broccoli, but anything green and easy on the sauce (preferably something acidic, or at least low in fat) should go well with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment